THE MERCY FAMILY
"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of tesifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24
UGANDAN COUNTRY DIRECTOR
Henry Mello-Country Director (Above,with one of our sponsored students and his mother in Karamoja.)
Mercy Uganda is a Christian, humanitarian ministry dedicated to working with women and children in Uganda to address spiritual, physical, educational, and economic needs, thereby helping alleviate the causes of poverty and injustice, and providing hope and a future.
1. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe in God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings, born with a sinful nature and without the regenerating grace of God, are sinners in thought, word , and deed.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative, substitutionary and complete sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
6. We believe in the physical resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and His present life there for us as our High Priest and advocate providing a sufficiency for body, soul, and spirit for the believers.
7. We believe in the personal, visible and second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, at a time unknown to us, but for which we are watching joyfully.
8. We believe that all who receive by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and are children of God, and that there is no other way of salvation. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith and faith alone.
9. We believe the Scriptures teach that God has, of His own good pleasure, declared each human life, from conception to death, to be of considerable worth to Him, not on the basis of any intrinsic intellectual, or physical or moral capabilities, but rather because of man's high position in creation as the image bearer of God.
10. We believe that all activities of Mercy Uganda must be based upon, and conducted in a manner consistent with, the teachings of the Scriptures.
BOOKS WE THINK YOU WILL ENJOY
1. A Distant Grief-by Kefa Sempangi
2. From The Dust-by Kefa Sempangi
3. Left To Tell- by Imaculee Ilibagiza
4. When Helping Hurts-by Corbett and Fikkert
5. Aboke GIrls-by Els De Temmerman
6. Let The Nations Be Glad-The supremacy of God in Missions, by John Piper
KEY SCRIPTURE VERSES:
James 2:13-18 (ESV)
"For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment. What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works."
I John 3:16-18 (NIV)
"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."
The picture above is of a student at the Mercy Land, reading his new bible.
Who We Are
OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Board members Pictured below:
Below is Mark and Laura Knetzer with two of the children in the sponsorship program.
Pastor Bob Hayes, and wife Betsy Hayes
Russell and Nancy Jinks(below)
Glenn and Jackie Hayes (below)
Kristin DeVries (above) Doug DeVries below
Laura Knetzer, LCSW, Social Worker, Executive Director/Founder, and Board Chair
Robert Hayes, Missions Pastor, and Mercy Uganda board Vice Chairman
Mark Knetzer, Business Owner-Construction/Development Liaison, Mercy Uganda and U.S.
Russell Jinks-Business Owner/Accounting-Accounting support for Mercy Uganda
Nancy Jinks-Public relations/hospitality
Betsy Hayes. Event support. Betsy has traveled to Uganda in the past and hopes to be able to join us again in the future.
Glenn Hayes-Retired U.S. Air Force, has been involved in construction work in Uganda. He hopes to go as part of a team to build on Mercy's new land.
Jackie Hayes-Computer support, and board secretary.Jackie has also been with the team to Uganda!
Doug and Kristin DeVries- Doug and Kristin went with our team in August, 2013. Kristin was our sewing teacher extraordinare, and Doug was a blessing in our construction work.
ROD WEBB: Bookkeeper for Mercy Uganda. Rod is a retired business manager for a church in Florida, and a blessing to this ministry! (Pictured with his wife Beverly)
The picture below is (left to right): Innocent Mugabe, Laura, Henry, and Mark. Innocent made this home available to the Ministry during Mark and Laura's recent initial 6 month stay in Uganda.