ANSWERED PRAYERS!! Our newly purchased land in Uganda!
WE ARE WORKING ON A LATE SUMMER 2013 CONSTRUCTION TRIP! We would love for you to join us!
WHAT IS FAITH 500?
Faith 500 is a prayerful vision of Mercy Uganda to purchase land in Uganda to build a youth center that will eventually become a school and home for Uganda's most vulnerable children.
This prayerful vision is multi-faceted. Each facet is a prayer journey as we seek God's will and provision.
Facet #1: Our goal of land has been provided. We now own three acres of land. We continue to pray for the completion of facet #1 through fundraising for the purchase of a truck, and building materials to begin construction of the buildings for livestock.
Facet #2: Building of the facility. This home will house 32 youth, as well as providing housing for parental staff, a kitchen, and living quarters. We believe that Facet One will help provide financially for Facet Two to become a reality within a year. This home will shelter the youth during their holidays from school, a time when orphans struggle to survive due to lack of shelter and food. This will also provide training in self-sustainability life skills for them, and will offer opportunities in music and art, and will provide tutoring and mentorships, and most importantly....regular bible studies and discipleship.
Facet #3: This facet will be the ongoing growth of the ministry as a result of Facets one and two. Through Faith 500, Facet Three will generate an income that will allow us to expand, become more self-sufficient as a ministry, and will provide food for the children. Eventually we hope to expand to 10+ acres.
HOW CAN I HELP?
If you would like to get involved with the FAITH 500 Project, there are several opportunities for you:
1. Pray for us and for this effort
2. Consider a financial gift to help it become a reality for us and for the children.
3. Be a team member to travel with us and help with the clearing of the land and/or the construction work that will take place.
4. Partner with us in the livestock and agriculture program, donating seeds and helping with the purchase of the livestock. You could even come and help us plant and get this program off the ground!
5. Partner with us through providing some of the needs for furnishing the home. Many things can be purchased or built there but it takes money, and it takes skilled workers.
6. Share this information with friends and family, co-workers and church members. We would love to come and share with you too!
(Above) Our country director, Henry, walking on our new land....in the Wakiso District of Uganda.
We plan to have chickens and pigs in our agriculture and livestock program...and eventually add cows!